Every household, business or institution will require the services of a professional locksmith at one time or another. Whenever you just need security upgrades, repairs, or are locked out it is very important to make sure how to choose a reputable locksmith company. By choosing a trustworthy, reputable, legitimate, professional locksmith company you will help to ensure quality in your service & material.
Whether the job is big or small, it’s important to do your homework. Emergency situations are not the time to choose a Locksmith. A Locksmith will have complete access to your home or business leaving you vulnerable if the job is not done right. Locksmiths in general are an unregulated trade without requirements to belong to any organizations.
Currently, the State of Florida currently does not require Locksmiths to be licensed (like a contractor) and that is scary. There are many scammers out there that take advantage of unsuspecting customers. They may, or may not do the work, but if they do, many times it is for much more then they originally stated on the phone. And later, if problems arise you can no longer reach them.
Here is a list of what to look for when hiring a locksmith
- Listen to how the company answers the phone
- Find out how long they have been in business
- Verify the location of the locksmith
- Check to see if they have a storefront
- Check if they are BBB certified
- Confirm company is bonded, licensed, and insured
- Vehicles marked with company logo/info
- Request a Free Quote
- Ask about what tools they use/have
- Check if they have 24 hour Emergency Services.
If you follow these tips, you will find out how to choose a reputable locksmith who is trustworthy, professional and legitimate.